Customer Service / OS&D Clerk (P/T)
- Maintain positive customer relations in problem solving.
- Route phone calls to appropriate persons, assist in dispatch functions. Demonstrate ability to interface with dispatch, operations, billing and other internal departments to provide prompt solutions to customer needs.
- Efficiently operate various office machines including: calculator, copiers and facsimile machines. Use mainframe computer terminal CRT to access and/or update data.
- Finding, reconciliation & clearing of distressed freight.
- Ability to multi-task by utilizing organizational and prioritization skills and effectively manage tasks.
- Exhibit effective written, verbal and personal skills for handling customer phone inquiries, working with both print and electronic correspondence and assisting other team members, supervisors and upper management.
- Typing and keyboarding skills; speed and accuracy, ten key adding/calculator proficiency.
- Must be able to perform some duties as assigned on the dock in various temperature conditions.
- Strong attention to detail, good organizational skills, ability to maintain professional demeanor with customers that may be unhappy.
- Ability to work effectively with internal departments to provide acceptable, effective resolutions to customer service problems in a timely manner.
- Commensurate basic computer skills to readily enter, access, review or change data as required.
- Organizational and prioritizing skills to expedite and effectively manage work load.
- Typing and keyboarding skills with speed and accuracy.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to communicate with internal and external customers effectively.
- Ability to work varying shifts/hours/days.
- Previous experience Transportation, Logistics or related field.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Perform various clerical functions in delivering excellent customer service skills for internal and external customers.
This is a part-time position working Monday-Friday.