Use fork lift to load and unload trailers with freight that varies in size and weight.
Must be able to:
- Lift up to 50 pounds.
- Load and unload cargo, including heavy, bulky, cumbersome goods.
- Load and unload cargo assisted or unassisted and with or without mechanical aids (fork lift, pallet jack, hand dolly etc)
Work may include, but is not limited to the following tasks:
- Use fork lift to move cartons and unpackaged goods between dock & trailers
- Climb over floor freight when loading and unloading trailers
- Balance drums on their rims and rolling them into place
- Use various mechanical aids such as barrel trucks, fork lifts, hand trucks, pallet jacks, etc.
- Secure cargo by blocking, bracing, using load bars, hammers, nails, wood blocks, etc.
- Tie cargo down, using chains, cables, ropes, straps and other various tightening devices
- Complete inspection report, manifests, bills of lading, accident reports and other reports required by law, regulation, or Company policy
- Verify loads against shipping papers – noting in writing any overages, shortages, or damages
- Comprehend and comply with hazardous material handling and placarding regulations
- Sweeps or cleans up dock and equipment
- Accurately and efficiently perform mathematical calculations required to perform the tasks of the job.
- Availability to work various days and hours
- Able to work in adverse weather conditions without temperature or other environmental controls
- Able to pass a Company-administered drug test
- Able to operate essential equipment (fork lift, hand truck, pallet jack, etc.) to perform the tasks of the job.
We are currently preparing for upcoming dock needs at our terminal in Albany, NY. We are anticipating our needs early and accepting applications ahead of time. While we do not have an immediate opening currently we are hoping to gather some quick information to allow our Terminal Manager the opportunity to contact you as soon as the position becomes available.
When you’re looking for excellence, look no further than New Penn. Our commitment to our customers and employees shines through in everything we do. As one of our dock employees, you will be responsible for safely loading and unloading freight using a forklift, varying in size and weight from trailers.