Dock Worker (Fork Lift Operator) - 4 Hour
4-hour Dock Casual / Part-time casual / on call work only / No CDL required.
Load and Unload Trailers using fork lift to handle freight that varies in size and weight. Work days and hours vary.
Must be able to:
- Lift up to 50 pounds.
- Load and unload cargo, including heavy, bulky, cumbersome goods.
- Load and unload cargo assisted or unassisted and with or without mechanical aids (fork lift, pallet jack etc).
Work may include, but is not limited to the following tasks:
- Move cartons and unpackaged goods between dock and trailers with fork lift.
- Climb over floor freight when loading and unloading trailers.
- Balance drums on their rims and rolling them into place.
- Use various mechanical aids, such as barrel trucks, fork lifts, hand trucks, pallet jacks etc…
- Secure cargo by blocking, bracing, using load bars, hammers, nails, wood blocks, etc…
- Tie cargo down, using chains, cables, ropes, straps and other various tightening devices.
- Complete inspection reports, manifests, bills of lading, accident reports and other report required by law, regulation or Company policy.
- Verify loads against shipping papers - noting in writing any overages, shortages or damages.
- Comprehend and comply with hazardous material handling and placarding regulations.
- Sweeps or cleans up dock and equipment.
- Read, write, communicate and comprehend the English language in order to perform the tasks of the job.
- Accurately and efficiently perform mathematical calculations required to perform the tasks of the job.
- Availability to work various days and hours.
- Able to work in adverse weather conditions without temperature or other environmental controls.
- Able to pass a Company-administered drug test.
- Able to operate essential equipment (fork-lift, hand truck, pallet-jack, etc…) to perform the tasks of the job.
Dock Worker will be using fork lift to load and unload trailers with freight that varies in size and weight. 4-hour Dock Casual / Part-time casual / on call work only / No CDL required. Work days and hours vary.