Local CDL-A Truck Driver: Altoona, PA
- Drive assigned truck/trailer(s) to specific destinations safely
- Maintain activity logs and truck/trailer inspection reports
- Load/unload materials in/out of truck/trailer(s) utilizing material handling equipment
- Verify truck/trailer ID number to be sure proper truck/trailer is being operated
- Stay in communication with central dispatch for all events
- Minimum age is 21 years old
- Class A CDL with HazMat and tank endorsements for state of residence
- One year of truck driving experience OR a graduate from an approved driving school
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds repetitively
- Safe driving history
- Ability to work various shifts, hours, days of the week
- Self-starter requiring little supervision
We are currently preparing for upcoming driver needs at our terminal in Altoona, PA. We are anticipating our needs early and accepting applications ahead of time. While we do not have an immediate opening currently we are hoping to gather some quick information to allow our Terminal Manager the opportunity to contact you as soon as the position becomes available.
You know how to drive; now you need to drive for the best less-than-truckload union company in the Northeast region – New Penn. As one of our Local CDL-A Truck Drivers you will need to safely operate company equipment to transport goods, products and materials in various forms. The Local CDL-A Truck Driver position requires you to work on the dock loading and unloading goods utilizing material handling equipment, along with driving to other New Penn terminals within the Northeast region based on workload. As a Local CDL-A Truck Driver at New Penn you will be sure to find that we were built on safety, reliability, quality, and service.