Local CDL-A Truck Driver: Reading, PA
- Safely drive assigned truck/trailer(s) to specific destinations
- Load/unload materials in/out of truck/trailer(s) utilizing material handling equipment
- Inspect and report truck/trailer condition
- Verify truck/trailer ID number to be sure proper truck/trailer is being operated
- Stay in communication with central dispatch for all events
- 21 years or older
- Valid CDL-A with HazMat and tank endorsements for state of residence
- One year of truck driving experience with safe driving history OR a graduate from an approved driving school
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds repetitively
- Able to communicate well with internal and external customers
- Flexible in schedule--able to work any shift, hours, or days of the week
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
You know how to drive; now you need to drive for the best less-than-truckload union company in the Northeast. This position is for a pick up and delivery driver for customer shipments that also works on the dock. As a driver you will load and unload goods at customer locations, docks at the terminals, and other assigned worksite locations utilizing material handling equipment. This position also requires the driver to drive to other New Penn terminals within the Northeast region based on work load. As one of our drivers you will need to safely operate company equipment to transport goods, products and materials.
When our customers are looking for solutions, they look at New Penn. At this job you will see that New Penn has been built on safety, quality, and service.