Operations Supervisor, Burlington VT
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage activities and processes involved with the loading and unloading of trucks.
- Foster a “safety first” culture throughout the operations to ensure a safe work environment for all personnel and visitors
- Observe loading operations to ensure conformance to Company policies and procedures, as well as, Federal Department of Transportation regulations.
- Responsible for staffing to include: work assignments/rotations, employee training, employee breaks, overtime assignment, and coverage for absent employees.
- Analyze processes and procedures to produce maximum service with minimal downtime.
- Responsible to meet terminal safety, productivity, and quality goals
- Responsible to ensure all activities meet or exceed Federal and State safety regulations and guidelines
- Record and manage data within appropriate timelines.
- Provide training for new employees and provide on-going coaching for existing staff
- Utilize computer skills in a mainframe environment..
- Provide oral and written communication to all levels of employees within the Company.
- Work at a high level of confidentiality as needed.
- Organize and prioritize work.
- Drive results and continuous improvement in the organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School diploma and/or some secondary education. (Degree Preferred)
- 5 - 10 years leadership experience preferred. A combination of education and experience is acceptable
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Practical knowledge of root cause analysis
- Proven ability to use Mainframe applications
- Walk up to 400 feet regularly
- Walk up and down steps frequently
- Stand up to 8 hours per day
- Visual acuity up to 10 feet
- Frequent bending
- Lifting up to 50 lbs
- Sitting up to 4 hours per day
- Interacts with numerous motorized material handling equipment in tight spaces throughout the workday
Quality, commitment to safety, customer satisfaction – at New Penn, we understand what matters to our customers and our employees. Our customers want a transportation company that they can rely on. With New Penn, 99.8% of pickups are made as scheduled and over 97% of shipments are made on-time -- not to mention a claims ratio that’s less than half the industry average. Our employees find they can rely on us as well. Check out New Penn, and start a career that delivers.
Job Purpose Statement
At New Penn, safety and service quality are utmost importance. The Operations Supervisor has direct responsibility to supervise and coordinate all activities for dockworkers, drivers, and other support personnel. This position is responsible for the safe execution of operational plans and strategies to ensure timely, damage-free, loading/unloading and delivery/pick-up of freight. This position is responsible for managing employee relations which also includes; hiring and/or termination of employees, training, coaching and counseling, oversight of production and/or processes.
New Penn is not a company to sit on its reputation. We expect our employees to always strive for the next level. That’s why this position requires excellent focus, high energy and enthusiasm, forward thinking, strong analytical capability, excellent problem solving, the ability to manage change, solid execution and a commitment to safety to help the company meet financial objectives and exceed customer expectations. This position also requires independent decision making utilizing Company procedures and guidelines