Regional Truck Driver: Reading, PA
- Drive assigned truck/trailer to specified location safely
- Perform truck/trailer inspections at required intervals
- Obey all traffic laws and federal regulations
- Verify assigned truck/trailer ID numbers
- Communicate delays, breakdown, or accidents with Central Dispatch
- At least 21 years old
- Must hold a valid CDL-A with HazMat and tank endorsements
- Graduate of approve driving school OR one year driving experience
- Flexible in scheduling for shifts, hours, and days
- Safe driving/ low accident history
We are anticipating our upcoming workforce needs early and accepting applications ahead of time. While we do not currently have an immediate opening we are hoping to gather some quick information to allow our Terminal Manager the opportunity to contact you as soon as the position becomes available. We appreciate your interest in New Penn!
Pride in a job well done is important. We understand that at New Penn. This regional CDL-A truck driver position is for linehaul between our New Penn terminals in the Northeast. Our Regional CDL-A drivers run over night with multiple stops usually returning back to the home terminal. Regional CDL-A drivers can expect to be home several times a week, but also have the opportunity to stay on the road, if desired.